Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Prep for Poland

Shutter-Bug Sam took the photo of the three of us, without any prior knowledge or prep time for Cathy and me! Cathy and I agreed that it was a bad hair day. So did Sam!

Anyway, the team is very excited about this opportunity to travel to Poland. I can't believe that it is less than one week away that we begin this incredible journey. In the last few weeks and days, we've completed a power point presentation titled Stress and Burnout in Corrections which we will present at a conferene in Mielno, Poland. We have also worked on our own individual presentations in our areas of expertise. It is my understanding that we will have several opportunities in which to share that information, as we travel the country. On a personal level, I'm looking forward to learning about the Poles' domestic violence programming and specifically, how they work with offenders and victims.

Our hope is that you will follow the journey and ask questions and give feedback along the way. We will attempt to give you daily updates, with photos.

As an inside joke to Sam, I'm using the "Lucinda" Grande font, as I post!

Thank you to those who are covering my job responsibilities. I appreciate you so much!

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment